BUSINESS WRITING IN PROPERTY
Business writing is a skill that all property professionals need in order to get things done. Business Writing in Property is a highly interactive workshop, allowing participants to apply the ideas presented to their own situations and documents. Participants will be asked to bring samples of typical documents to the workshop for review.
• Introduce the importance of business writing to property professionals
• Discuss the typical challenges faced by readers and writers of business documents
• Introduce the writing process: plan, organise, and present.
Planning your document
• Discuss the importance of planning a document
• Demonstrate how to identify the purpose and intended result of a document
• Discuss typical audiences for property business documents, audience characteristics to consider, and the implications for your writing
Organising your document
• Introduce the importance of chunking your information into individual ideas and providing headings for each idea, and explain the research behind this.
• Demonstrate how to identify the content required for a document
• Discuss structuring and sequencing strategies
Presenting your document
• Discuss best practice ideas for writing and presenting your property business document: make it simple, make it clear and make it short
• Present best practice ideas for the use of visual aids including lists, tables, and charts and graphics.
Anyone in the Property Industry who needs to create professional and compelling documentation
The Business Writing in Property course is ideal as an in-house company program. Please speak to us for further information.
Presenting for Influence
Building Client Relationships
All cancellations must be requested in writing however no refunds will be given to cancellations made less than five (5) business days prior to the event as catering arrangements have already been confirmed. We are happy to accept a replacement at no additional cost.
Terms and conditions
Registrations are for individual delegates only and cannot be split or shared between multiple people. Payment is required prior to the event. The Property Council of Australia reserves the right to alter speaker/s or program of events or cancel the event in its entirety. The Property Council of Australia reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove from the premises any person who it considers (in their sole and absolute discretion) is causing annoyance. Your registration is accepted on the basis of these conditions. The collection of individual registration details is primarily so that we can register you and your colleagues for the event. The information will be stored in the Property Council’s database and may be used for future marketing of Property Council events and may also be provided to the event sponsors. If you do not wish your details to be made available to external parties, we ask that you notify us by a written request to the Property Council Database Manager. Property Council often undertakes or facilitates photography and/or video at our events and conferences. These images and footage may be used in future promotions that include but are not limited to website, direct mail, marketing collateral, email, sales documents and other uses by Property Council of Australia. Should a registered participant seek to be excluded from such future uses of images, you must register your request with a Property Council staff member on the day of the designated event. No further correspondence or permissions will alternatively be sought.